Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SIMPLIFY LIFE 101 - ORGANIZING MY DAY

It may sound silly that at my age, not telling so don’t ask, that I need to organize my day, but I find it makes everything run so much smoother.  I can remember the mornings when I woke up trying to remember all I had to do.  By days end I was lucky to have completed even half of my chores. So I decided to allot a specific amount of time to each task.  It actually work the same way that they schedule business appointments.  I just make sure that when I schedule work, I also schedule play! 

Today for example, I got up and allowed myself two hours to eat, cleanup and get prepared for my activities.  Once I gathered all I needed, I headed out the door for the next two hours to take care of some chores.  Of course I gave myself extra time to stop and smell the flowers, sit in the park and just enjoy life. After a short rest, I headed on to my next appointments and finally headed home.  I was so ahead of schedule that I actually had some time to write this blog.  Now I'm getting ready to make dinner, put in laundry and clean one room of my house.  I don’t' do them all on the same day, because it just makes it seem easier that way.  Some people would beg to differ that it's more important to get it all done, but when you simplify your time you can stretch things out and have more time. 

Now all of this may seem really silly, but by scheduling my time and spreading things out, I have been able to gain control of my life and my time and enjoy life more!   Even those who work full time can benefit from scheduling their hours out of work.  I've done it in a past life when I work over 50 hours a week.  It just makes me less stress and I get everything done with a smile still on my face. 

Don't let the burdens of life stress you out and overwhelm you, find creative ways to manage your life and bring some order back to it...so you can ENJOY LIFE to the fullest!

No comments:

Post a Comment